Most organisations have adopted remote working as the norm since the outbreak of COVID-19.
Azure Virtual Desktop allow organisations to securely deliver full desktops and applications to remote users with the same experience they have in the office including single sign on.
Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) can address a broad range of business needs.
- Security and Regulations which may need to be adhered to for organisations (charities, healthcare, government bodies)
- Flexible workforce with mergers and acquisitions, contractors, branch workers, BYOD and mobile devices
- Legacy and non-web enabled apps
- Specialised apps for groups to facilitate development and testing
There are several benefits specific to AVD.
- Connect from any device of your choice (Windows, MacOS/IOS, HTML5, Android, Linux)
- Like local Windows experience with extensive support for devices
- Enhanced RDP protocol providing support for Windows Hello for Business and smartcard authentication, dynamically adapting bandwidth utilisation and improved experience with graphics, resolution and scaling
- User profiles using FSLogix for faster logon times
- Native Office 365 performance (uncompromised O365 email and calendar performance, real-time Outlook search, seamless O365 co-authoring and collaboration in non-persistent environments)
- Azure AD Identity Services provides sophisticated security services such as multi-factor authentication and Conditional Access
- Reverse connect eliminates the requirement to open inbound ports to the virtual machines
- AVD role-based access control enables the delegation of admin rights at a granular level
- Isolated user sessions in both single and multi-session environments
- Both desktop and RemoteApp are managed through one AVD service
- Familiar Azure AD credentials, to access resources
- AVD customers can leverage a broad set of VM management tools via AVD and Azure (VM deployment, OS and App update tools)
- Advanced Diagnostic Service to identify root cause and fix issues more efficiently
- 3rd party value-added services enabled by APIs
Built on Azure
Standardised, Global and Secure Cloud Platform
- Consistent infrastructure across regions
- Largest geographical footprint with over 55 regions
- Microsoft Cyber Defense Operations Center with over 3,500 security professional and $1 billion dollar annual cybersecurity budget
Cost Optimised Infrastructure
- High utilisation and lower operational costs with Windows 10 multi-session in Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Pay for actual usage rather than having to provision for peak usage with on-premise
- Flexible compute costs with Pay as you Go or Reserved Instance VMs
- Pay for actual outbound data transfer instead of peak two-way data transfer
- WVD doesn’t require Windows Server license for session host VMs (i.e., session host VMs charged at Linux compute rate)
- Efficient Opex cost versus High Upfront Capex cost for on-premise
- Management services included with WVD (no additional management infrastructure required)
- No Remote Desktop Services CAL required for Windows 10 multi-session
- 3-year Extended Security Update is included for Windows 7 VMs running on Azure
Have you considered Windows 365 as an option to provide dedicated Cloud PCs to users?
You're in good hands
We're a Microsoft Solutions Partner and have been for many years.
We have the technical knowledge and expertise within the Microsoft Digital Environment to help you solve any problem you maybe facing.
Find out more
Want to know more? Contact us today.